Few bars in St. Paul can boast the kind of bang-per-buck ratio as the Turf, where a twenty will get you in to see a three or four-band set -- usually featuring notable local and national indie-rock acts -- and enough drinks to last you pretty much all night. Upstairs features a classic, unpretentious '40s-vintage bar atmosphere, while the Clown Lounge downstairs hosts weekly jazz nights.
- Farewell Milwaukee's Ben Lubeck tries to find peace with his father on solo debut
- Turf Club announces two-week Bowie Movie Night
- Standup Jermaine Fowler: "We’re all trying to play it safe. That’s not what I want to do."
- The first non-depressing Kid Dakota article? Sorta!
- Nathaniel Rateliff sings the gospel of the damned at the Turf
- Girl Germs tribute show to take on Janet, Crow, others Dec. 5
- Lucy Michelle scales down, rocks out with Little Fevers
- Multi-layered punk rocker Ezra Furman talks suffering, faith, Bob Dylan
- Hippo Campus: The jelly to Jr Jr’s peanut butter at the Turf?
- Local dream-pop act ON AN ON is focused like a prism